Saturday, April 25, 2009

Jeremiah 29:11

I came across Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - when I was trying to come up with a gift for my baby sister's graduation. Over the course of the day today, I've realized that God wanted ME to see and dwell on this verse.

Aaron has an interview for a position in Fort Worth on Monday afternoon. We found out a few weeks ago that he'll need to make a lateral move for at least 1 year and then go the C0-Mgr route. This news left me frustrated and dissapointed, I didn't want to "waste" another year. My husband is so talented, is respected by so many, and he loves his job so much. Why should he wait any longer for a much deserved promotion? As time has passed, God has given me a peace about the situation that has been hard for me to grasp. Aaron may not get the job in Fort Worth but I do know that God has a plan for our family. It may not be in the timing we'd like or the place we want to go but His plan is perfect and who are we to argue with that?

Me "stumbling" across this verse of Scripture is just another example of how awesome and loving our Heavenly Father is. In the midst of unknown He offers comfort. When we least expect it, He offers up a miracle. My heart swells when I think of how imperfect I am and how my lack of faith does not deter God's love for me. He wants to give ME hope. He wants to see ME prosper. Oh Lord, how thankful I am for Your love and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment