Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name.
Psalm 100:4

I wanted to dedicate one day a week to counting my blessings. I think we get so caught up in the course of life that we sometimes forget to thank God for all the ways He is at work in our lives.

First of all, I'm thankful for my children and my husband. These three probably cause me the most grief but also bring me the most joy. I couldnt' imagine (nor do I want to) my life without them. I am thankful that God has allowed me the opportunity to stay home with my kids and take care of them and our home. I'm thankful for Aaron's job that keeps a roof over our head and food in our bellies. I'm thankful for our extended family who have loved and supported us even when they probably didn't want to. I'm thankful for friends who we generally consider part of the family. I am thankful for our church and that we have the opportunity to worship and sing praises to the Lord without fear of persecution. I am thankful for our health, which we've learned the hard way, is so very precious. Most importantly, I'm thankful that God sent His Son to suffer and die for my sins that I could live eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment