Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Vacation 2009

We leave Monday for our little vacation down South. I can't decide if I'm excited or anxious. I love that I won't have to cook a single meal the entire trip and that the kids will get to visit so many exciting places. I won't love the "we spent HOW MUCH?" guilt that I always experience after we take a trip or make a large purchase. I know, I know, just let go and have fun but it wouldn't matter if we were millionaires, I'd still question just about every dime I spent. I'm so thankful that we're able to take this family trip. It isn't a ritzy ski vacation or a trip to Disney but I'm thankful nonetheless. God is so good to us.

I remember the little 3 or 4 day roadtrips my mom and grandmother used to take my sisters and me on and how excited I was to see a new place. Undoubtedly mom was ALWAYS frustrated with me because I couldn't seem to find ANYTHING in the giganto malls we'd shop at. I guess that spending money guilt began back then. (Of course there was a lapse of conscience in college but that's another story.) I'm excited to take my kids to some of the same places we visited on those trips and experience things from a child's point of view again.

Monday morning we'll head to San Marcos to do some outlet mall shopping. The true purpose of this part of the trip is to find Aaron a pair of Ecco shoes for less than $200. Oh, and we have to visit the new Sam's there. WOOHOO!! That afternoon we'll continue on to San Antonio, grab some dinner and check into the hotel. Tuesday we'll be visiting the Children's Museum, the Alamo, Breckenridge Park and the Japanese Tea Garden. Wednesday Aaron wants to visit the Witte Museum and then give me a "tour" of San Antonio (where he lived as a kid, his old schools, etc). Then we'll hit the RiverWalk for a RiverTour and dinner at Rainforest Cafe. Thursday we'll head home thru Houston so we can make a stop at NASA and on the way. In case you're wondering, yes, my husband typed up an itinerary for the trip. He's also included "additional opportunities", restaurants and a couple malls as options for us. My children are going to be exhausted zombies by the time we get home but I know they are going to have a lot of fun.

I hope everyone has a great week!! Be prepared for pics when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment