Monday, September 6, 2010

And we're back...

So it's only been two months since I blogged last and my goodness there's been SO much happen in that time! Sydney is 11 weeks old and the twins are just days away from turning FIVE!!! Instead of typing out a long, boring update I think I'll just jump right in to what's going on with us now!!


Sydney is NOT a fan of tummy time but finally tolerated it long enough to roll over a few times yesterday! She's been smiling and "ah-goooooo"ing for a few weeks now and we are all just smitten with her!


This week makes week number 3 of attempting to start school. I am having surgery on Wednesday but I'm still determined to get some good learning time in before then and I've got some plans together for GG when she's here helping this week. Each Saturday or Sunday I try to write out a rough outline of what we'll be covering the next week so that we have some sort of structure to our table time. I opted not to use a curriculum this year so I've made a list of topics/goals and we're just working through them pretty informally. I've included a picture of our outline for this week. As you can see, it's pretty sparse since I'll be out of commission after Wednesday.

Hannah and Aidan are both sounding out words and reading "at" words fluently. I think they were surprised at how well they're doing and so excited to be actually reading! Their handwriting is improving as well and they are easily able to write any letter (capital or lowercase) that I call out to them.



These are their journal entries for today. I asked them to head outside for a few minutes and make some observations about the sky. Hannah drew big fluffy clouds and Aidan drew a cloud he saw that looked like a bus.



Then we made name clouds with cotton balls. Each kiddo traced their name with glue and then stretched out cotton balls to stick on their letters. Poor Aidan could not stand the way the cotton felt on his fingers so Mommy helped out with the stretching.



1 comment:

  1. aww good luck this week. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your family Wednesday! Thankfully you'll have help! I love your at home projects with the twins!! they are sooo very smart :)

    ReplyDelete